Today’s Kundalini Yoga Kriyas To Balance Anahata will help you open your heart for giving and receiving unconditional love, and to
Attract green energy;
spread the feelings of kindness and compassion!
On the physical level this yoga class will help you to maintain a healthy respiratory system, strong heart, and shoulder joints.
Buttt… First…Let’s Talk ‘Heart…To…Heart’…
Heart- The Most Precious Body Organ
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the 💓 heart.
What if our heart has not been there for us… Just like some heartless animals.
Jellyfish, starfish, and even corals manage very well without hearts.
That said, we would have been born out of some bodily actions just like eating, sneezing, or walking!
Our parents would have made us without any love or emotions for each other.
Without our hearts 💗 the emotions like love, kindness, compassion, empathy… would become alienated 👽
That is why undoubtedly the heart is the most important organ in most living beings…
… And the energy centre- Anahata that corresponds to the heart has the highest significance when we focus on our Chakra System.
The heart chakra, aka Anahata, is located at the center of the spine at heart level. Anahata means “unhurt.” Accordingly, the heart chakra acts as your center of compassion, empathy, unconditional and objectless love, and forgiveness.
The heart chakra acts as a bridge between our three lower chakras- Muladhara, Svadhisthana and Manipura, and three upper chakras- Vishuddha, Ajna, and Sahasrara.
That said, it has connectivity with both- your physical plane as well as the spiritual plane.
How Do You Know Your Heart Chakra Is Blocked
As you are reading the Kundalini yoga kriyas to balance anahata, you might want to know if you have any blockage in this area.
Blockage of the heart chakra is more common than you might assume.
Look for these symptoms for energetic imbalances in Anahata.
- Excessive Shyness
- Hard to forgive
- Finding it hard to feel empathy
But What If There’s Too Much Energy In Heart Chakra
Excess of energy is equally bad as lack of it. Following symptoms indicate that the energy flow is in excess in Heart Chakra.
- Over Dependence
- High expectations from self and others
- Harsh judgement
Physical Symptoms Of A Blocked Heart Chakra
Before learning the Kundalini yoga kriyas to balance Anahata, it is crucial to learn about the physical symptoms of a blocked heart chakra.
Troubled immune system (colds, flus, infections), heart and lung issues (heart palpitation), poor circulation, high/low blood pressure, and respiratory and breathing difficulties are all symptoms of Anahata chakra imbalance.
To learn more about Heart Chakra balancing and get my free book on Chakra balancing please check the link below-
30 Minutes Yoga Sequence To Balance Heart Chakra| The Chakra Series 6
Now Unroll your yoga mat let’s start seated in Padmasana or Sukhasana.
Kundalini Yoga Kriyas To Balance Anahata
Please apply Root Lock at the end of all the kriyas and sit in Sukhasana or half lotus pose.
Sun Mudra And breath of fire
- Raise both the arms At 60 degrees
- Hands In Sun Mudra (Thumb to ring 💍 fingers)
- Breath of fire 🔥 for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Inhale passively and exhale forcefully, pushing your navel in.
- With each forceful exhale, making room for plenty of oxygen.
This cleansing Kriya also known as Kapalbhati helps to calm the body and cause positive changes in brain activity that may help defend against the negative effects of stress.
Raised arms create a magnetic field, an aura of positive energies that helps to energize the entire Chakra System.
Inhale hold your breath, Apply root lock by contracting your pelvic floor muscles, sexual organs bring the energy up.
Exhale and relax.
Chest Tapping And Thumping
- Next beautiful Kundalini Kriya to balance Anahata is chest thumping or tapping.
- Slightly bend your fingers.
- And tap the area surrounding the heart in order to release the surrounding muscles and enhance blood circulation.
- you can add chest thumping with Breath of Fire.
- Use your right hand to tap the left side of the body.
- This is the simplest kriya to release the energy blockages in heart chakra.
- Continue for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cover all the channels include the belly and side body areas.
- Come on your belly.
- Open your arms wider than hips width.
- Inhale deeply and when you exhale, make a sound AAAA
- With each exhale open your mouth with a sound ha…
- Continue with the other side..
This Kriya is excellent for opening of throat chakra and heart Chakra both and helps to bring a plenty of loving energy- the green energy to Anahata.
Stack both the palms, bring your forehead over and continue with the breathing.
Windshield wiper your legs to prepare your lower body for the next Kriyas which will be done seated.
Breath Of Fire In Crow Pose Arms
- Sit on your heels (Vajrasana).
- Set both the arms in crow pose.
- Bring your heart forward and breathe deeply.
- Start Breath of Fire at this stage.
- Imagine a ball of green colour radiating out from your heart area.
- And setting the smaller and larger waves of kindness, compassion, and self love.
Palms Horizontal In Front Of The Heart
Next Kundalini Kriyas to open the Heart Chakra involve hand placements at different places around this chakra.
- Place your right palm below your heart.
- And left hand on top of it with a gap of 6 cm.
- Feel the energy between both the palms.
- Take deep breaths or set Breath of Fire.
Palms vertical In Front Of The Heart
One hand on the left side of the heart, add alternate hand movements to crow pose arms
- Left palm at the vertical position and right one parallel to it.
- Inhale to open your left arm at crow pose.
- Exhale, bring your hand to heart.
- Inhale right hand at crow pose.
- Exhale, back to the heart 💓 centre.
This gentle heart opener using your arm movements helps to open your shoulders, increases blood circulation and brings plenty of oxygen to rejuvenate each cell of the body.
Door Opener Kriya
- Bring both palms on the sides of the heart in a vertical position.
- Inhale, open up to crow pose arms.
- Exhale place them side by side near the Heart Centre.
- Inhale open to crow pose.
- Exhale, open your mouth with sound ha….back to the Heart Centre.
- Continue for 1 to 2 minutes.
- At the end of the Kriya apply root lock- contract your pelvic floor muscles, sexual organs and send the energy up through your spine.
Kriya for Liberation and Manifestation
Next Kriya to bring an abundance of energy flow to your Chakra System is the vertical hand movements.
- Clasp your fingers index finger pointing up.
- Thumbs joint together pointing towards the sternum.
- With a deep inhale, move your hands up, away from the ground.
- Exhale and bring your thumbs back to Your Heart centre.
- Up and down motions enable deep breathing.
- When your hands move up the energy flows from the Root Chakra to the Crown Chakra, known as the liberation current.
- When you bring your arms down, the energy is directed from the crown to reach the root in the form of manifestation current.
As you know, the fourth chakra Anahata is the house of feelings of love, compassion and kindness. Hugging your loved ones like your partner, your kids, your parents provides a powerful, profound loving energy.
- Hugging yourself would give you the same feeling of love and belongingness.
- Wrap your arms tightly as you are hugging yourself.
- To bring all the natural feelings just roll your neck so that you can feel your supportive shoulders, which are always present there when no one else is around.
- Just reach your highest self, with this unique and one of its kind Kundalini Kriya to balance the Anahata.
- This is an excellent way to promote the feelings of self care and self-love.
This is also the simplest way to reach your highest self.
- Rub both the palms together.
- Bring them on either side of your heart.
- Create an energy ball between your Palms.
- Feel the tickling sensations and color patterns if you observe any.
- It’s ok if you don’t.
- Scan each of your energy centre from top to bottom.
Wrapping Up- Kundalini Yoga Kriyas To Balance Anahata
Say thanks to yourself for devoting some time to doing Kundalini yoga to balance Anahata and creating, spreading and enhancing the feeling of love, kindness and compassion.
The heart chakra is the central powerhouse of the subtle body. This is the focal point or bridge that connects the first three chakras relating to the external world to the three higher chakras associated with intuition and spirituality.
This chakra also nurtures our childlike innocence, and allows to express our feelings as a child. So, no matter what happens , always keep your childlike innocence to keep your Anahata balanced and filled with the green energy of love, compassion, and kindness!
Please don’t forget to watch the video on YouTube, which is on the same topic- Kundalini yoga Kriya to balance Anahata!
Please subscribe to my channel to support the free and fabulous yoga on YouTube!
Thanks for being with me on the mat. Namaste 🙏❤️ Yogis
Most Popular Reads
Kundalini Yoga Kriyas For Weight Loss
Kundalini Pranayam For Stress-Relief And Insomnia
10 Yoga Poses To Balance Your Solar Plexus Chakra
How to use yoga blocks for back pain and stress relief
What does your favourite colour predicts about you