This Chakra Balancing Kundalini Pranayama For Stress-Relief And Insomnia includes Kundalini Yoga Kriyas for each Chakra, from Muladhara to Sahasrara in conjunction with yogic breathing.
Yogarsutra provides content of general nature that is designed for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Science Of Kundalini Yoga – Stress And Insomnia
Stress has many faces and doors. In my life there are plenty of windows and ventilators that allow the stress to creep in!
Some issues are genuinely stressful.
And, some (and majority) of them look like these👇
Electricity off, stress on.
Water tap dried, stress arrived.
Milk went sour, stress pour.
Grocery finished, happiness diminished,
Eatables spoiled, life becomes termoiled.
Billing date, stress management failed.
Calories rised, Cortisol levels hiked!
( What a rhythm, a poet is born-:))
When our life comes across the un-anticipated changes, it gets distressed.
Starting from the birth through the entire life cycle, we come across the variety of stressors.
What a cronic stress does to our body and brain is no longer a secret! It may leave us to live with multiple lifestyle related diseases such as hypertension, high blood pressure, diabetes to name a few.
How to stay calm and focused?
How to find our heaven amid chaos?.
According to the research, Kundalini yoga practice shows an immediate effect on salivary cortisol levels and on perceived stress after three months of practice.
Kundalini Yoga has positive effects on the glands and nerves.
The regular practice of Kundalini Yoga releases tension from the inner organs, nerves, and glands, and creates an internal biochemistry of calm, inner balance, and depth of self.
A little stress is not a bad thing, in fact it helps us to keep going and grow in our life.
Kundalini Yoga kriyas help us learn the stress management techniques by challenging us in stressful situations such as,
- Holding our arms up for 3 minutes or more.
- Doing certain repetitive Kriyas for many rounds
When we successfully accomplish these challenges, we feel fulfilled and confident to provoke a healing response in our bodies and minds.
We fight, we struggle, and we survive and adapt.
Then, become ready for one more such challenge life throws up on us—without stressing out.
We get into a habit of being a challenge-winners!!
Kundalini Kriyas are formulated to pressurize the glandular system, creating a physiological response that is potentially a stress buster.
Kundalini Yoga also strengthens the parasympathetic nervous system, our “rest and digest” mode, which discourages the “fight or flight” response, a result of being stressed!
Kundalini Yoga For Good Sleep
The physical work and mindfulness practices involved in Kundalini yoga directly affect our sleep cycle and relaxation behaviour.
Our days are physically cozy yet, mentally stressed. Majority of people suffering from the sleeping disorders or insomnia are well-to-do, educated, and creative humans.
Such people work less physically and use their brain a lot! (me included 😊)
I am not against having physical comfort and living with a powerful brain.
But here is the point.
At any point of the day if you feel tired and sluggish, won’t you go for a power nap?
We have heard a lot about taking power naps and benefits from the sessions of intermittent relaxing.
One such power nap or intermittent relaxing makes us feel rejuvenated physically and mentally.
But, unconsciously taking “multiple power naps” and relaxation sessions may keep us awake during the nights.
Due to the facts you have heard enough this- “a minimum of eight hours of sleep is required in order to replenish our body from all the toxins and feel refreshed throughout the day”.
Majority of insomnia driven cases originate from the over-rested human bodies.
Basically, you are less aware of the fact that you have already slept, and slept enough for your body requirements.
Since a Kundalini yoga session involves the rigorous physical movements, the practitioner gets a high level of workout along with stress-relieving breathwork.
A calmed nervous system and a tired body is what is required to trigger an instant sleep in you!
Chakra Balancing Kundalini Pranayam For Stress-Relief And Insomnia
Today, I have come up with a fabulous Kundalini yoga kriyas and breath-work :Chakra Balancing Kundalini Pranayam For Stress-Relief And Insomnia
Each posture and the movement will focus on each Chakra one by one.
“For yogic breathing, we shall Inhale from our nose and exhale forcibly from the mouth with the sound ha…”
Let’s start being seated comfortably on the yoga mat.
Muladhara Awakening Pranayama
- Sit cross-legged, both hands’ fingers on your shoulders.
- Bring your focus to the mooladhara, the red color Root Chakra at the base of your spine.
- Inhale, stretch open both hands up and knees up,
- exhale open your mouth…with the sound of ha…and bring everything down.
- Go for 20 rounds.
This style of forced exhalation helps to reduce stress, boost brain function, and improve respiratory health. It would also help to strengthen the abdominal muscles and improve digestion.
Swadhisthana Awakening Pranayam
- Sit in sukhasana.
- Bring your focus to the orange color Sacral Chakra in your womb area.
- Warm-up your spine with to and fro motion
- Inhale you open and exhale, you close with the sound of ha…
This spinal Kriya helps to soothe your nervous system and calm the mind along with increasing your creativity, productivity, and sexuality which are properties of the Sacral Chakra.
Manipura Awakening Pranayama
- While in cross-legged position,
- Place both hands on your knees.
- Press your tailbone and sit bones towards the ground.
- Bring your attention to the yellow color solar plexus Chakra aka Manipura
- Inhale your left, exhale, go to the right.
- Go for 10 rounds.
- Now inhale your right and exhale your left from your mouth.
Anahata Awakening Pranayama
To awaken your green color Heart Chakra aka Anahata bring your fingers on your shoulders.
- Inhale left, exhale to right.
- Inhale right exhale to your left.
- A balanced heart Chakra helps to fill your heart with feelings of kindness and compassion.
Vishuddha Awakening Pranayama
Climbing up, you find your Vishuddha aka Throat Chakra.
- While cross-legged, couple your fingers.
- Place the crossed fingers below your chin.
- Inhale and open your elbows apart.
- Exhale to bring your elbows together.
- Inhale you close and exhale to open with the sound ha…
This blue color Chakra is responsible for your truthful communication and authenticity.
“When this is perfectly synced it brings the skills of communication and public speaking”.
Ajna Awakening Pranayam
Next, bring your attention to the Ajna Chakra between your brows.
This Chakra helps you to create life visions, dream your perfect life, believe in intuitions and manifestations.
- Inhale and raise both the hands at 60 degrees.
- Exhale to close both your eyes with your palms.
- Focus your Drishti and sense the shapes and colors.
- When you close your eyes keep focused on this shape in the area of your third eye chakra.
Keep going, inhale from your nose and exhale from the mouth.
Feel the energy rising from the root of your spine to the upward motion.
Feel the aura, the electromagnetic field created by today’s Kundalini Pranayama.
Sahasrara Awakening Pranayama
Recentre yourself for a moment.
Bring your attention to the Crown of the head where the Sahasrara, your crown Chakra is seated.
- Join both hands in front of your Heart center.
- Inhale and walk your Palms up aligning each Chakra one by one.
- Exhale and open your hands in lotus shape and bring them together.
- Gather the universal energy, the healing life force which is in abundance for everyone.
- Just gather this healing Reiki Energy for your inner work.
When your Palms move up they carry energy from the root to Crown Chakra.
When they fall towards the earth they bring the energy from the crown to the Root Chakra.
Completing an entire cycle
Feel the entire Chakra system energizing and moving in sync with this electromagnetic energy.
Expand your aura, because you are limitless, you are the source.
You are boundless!
- Rub both the palms together.
- Separate both the hands and feel A ball of energy between your Palms play with that you may feel a tickling sensation in your palms, heat, or a wave of coldness that is ok.
- Place your left palm on the Crown of the head and with the right-hand scan your entire Chakra system.
Do this practice each morning when you get up and in the evening before bed.
Make sure your stomach is empty.
This is an entire life-changing experience!
Just realize how this Chakra balancing Kundalini Pranayam helps you to manage your stress and fight insomnia.
💮Download My Yoga Postures Library 💮👇
PASSWORD for yoga postures library- ASANALAYA
Most Popular Reads:
How to use yoga blocks for back pain and stress relief
What does your favourite colour predicts about you
Wrapping Up- Chakra Balancing Kundalini Pranayam For Stress Relief And Insomnia
Thanks for following the post till this point:)
We awaken the kundalini Shakti, the dormant energy at the base of the spine, to be able to call upon the full potential of the nervous and glandular systems and to balance the subtle system of chakras and meridians within the body.
“Kriya” is an orchestrated pattern of movements, sound, pranayam, mudras, concentration, and meditation that automatically guide the energies of the body and the mind to a specific result or change of consciousness.
They can be simple short sequences like this one, or they may involve vigorous, even strenuous exercises, which challenge and strengthen the nervous and endocrine systems and test your will-power beyond the limitations of ego!
Don’t forget to watch the video on YouTube, which is on the same topic- Chakra balancing Kundalini Pranayam For Stress and Insomnia.
Please 🏵️subscribe🏵️ to my channel to avail the opportunity of free and fabulous yoga on YouTube!