Vishuddha Pranayama to balance vishuddha Chakra is about how to unblock your throat chakra with pranayama and breath-work to achieve physical, spiritual and emotional balance.
We love to talk and listen 🗣️Communication is a vital part of our being. But when situations demand, we regret not being able to express ourselves with authenticity.
When you hear the wonderful orators around the world expressing their thoughts with confidence and authenticity, you might wonder what it takes to be a “speech champion” like them.
There are already very well cooked recipes and courses available for public speaking and developing strong communication skills. Which are the great things available to us and we absolutely love them!
If you feel that you still miss a crucial ingredient, which can make a wholesome of authentic and truthful communication, today’s post VISHUDHA PRANAYAMA TO BALANCE VISHUDDHA CHAKRA is for you 👇
Because you know yogis, unless we acquire the physical, spiritual, and emotional balance required to achieve that great figure we love to listen, adore, remember, and follow, we can’t reach even somewhere near to our role models 😍
I am especially feeling great because I have created a “Holy-Trinity” on our fifth chakra vishuddha chakra, namely
- Yoga sequence for throat Chakra, which is basically a hatha yoga vinyasa sequence
- Kundalini yoga for Throat Chakra, this sequence involves Kundalini yoga Kriya for Vishuddha Chakra.
- Vishuddha Pranayama to balance Vishuddha Chakra, the post you are currently reading:)
This rounds-up the entire throat Chakra balancing and energising methods. So, Pickup your chosen method, go through all of them one by one.
You would soon notice the dramatic positive changes in your fifth Chakra.
Why Chakras Are So Important
Our body energy centres, AKA Chakras play a very important role in the flow of energy in our body.
Beginning from the base of your spine to the crown of your head, there are seven main chakras in our body. Each corresponds to specific nerve bundles, endocrine glands and organs in your body.
When one or more of your chakras get blocked or unbalanced, it might have an impact on your physical, mental, spiritual, and emotional health.
The throat chakra (also known as Vishuddha) is responsible for communication, self-expression, and the ability to speak your personal truth.
That said, the Throat Chakra is responsible for the way you express your life with utmost authenticity. It is about communicating your thoughts, feelings, and intentions clearly and accurately.
Vishuddha Pranayama To Balance Vishuddha Chakra
P.S.- I have also included some of the yoga postures, just for the purpose of warm-up.
Cat and Cow Posture
This posture energizes your spine as a whole and works on all the Chakras. This one yoga posture can help you get rid of all kinds of back pains.
So always use it as a warm-up posture when you are going to begin on your yoga mat.
- Come on all four.
- Palms below the Shoulders.
- Knees below the hips.
- Inhale open your heart, scoop your back.
- Exit round your back, Chin to chest.
- Few rounds of Marjareyasana.
- Focus on your neck, where your Throat Chakra resides.
- Take a giant step with your hands and sink over your chest in Anahata Asana or Puppy Pose.
- Forehead is on the mat or open your throat and bring your chin touching the mat.
- Hips are still on your knees, please check the alignment.
- Take three deep breaths here.
Vishuddha Pranayama :THROAT chaKRA BREATH-WORK
This moving meditation works on the neck and throat area and is an excellent Vishuddha Pranayama to balance vishuddha chakra.
- Now sit in a comfortable seated position.
- Engage your fingers and place them below your chain.
- Inhale deeply, when you exhale, open your mouth, close your palms, bring your elbows together and send your crown back.
- Inhale and come to a neutral position.
- Exhale, open your mouth ha…
This breathwork is an excellent throat and chest opener and works beautifully on your face, eyes, ears, nose, throat and nervous system.
You can practice Simhasana for spiritual upliftment, physical fitness, and emotional balance.
It also works in reducing frustration, delaying aging and improves speech and communication by engaging tongue, throat, and vocal cords which provides clarity in the throat area and facial muscles.
This is also beneficial in removing wrinkles and tightens the facial skin. It improves the circulation of blood to the faces providing it a rejuvenating effect.
Avoid performing this asana with an injury in the face, neck, or tongue.
- Relax a bit and come to the Vajrasana.
- Come forward, Place both the palms on the mat, fingers facing towards the knees.
- Distribute your body weight equally on your wrists and knees
- Take a deep breath in, when you exhale open your mouth and eyes wide, stick your tongue out, make a loud sound Haaaa…
- Inhale, wrap your tongue, close your mouth and exhale, stick the tongue out and sound once again like a lion’s roar.
- This is the reason this breath work is called simhasana.
- Simha means lion and asana means Posture.
Ujjayi breath helps to energize our nadi where all the energy centres or chakras are situated.
This breath can be translated to “Victorious Breath.” It’s often referred to “Oceanic Breath”, because it sounds like the rising and falling of Ocean waves.
Ujjayi Pranayama is a balancing and calming breath which increases oxygenation and builds internal body heat.”
- From vajrasana come to the cross legged seated position.
- Take a deep breath in and when you Exhale, contract back of your throat.
- You can hear snoring sounds that sometimes also sound like Ocean waves.
- While sleeping, when we are completely relaxed our throats are contracted and a snoring sound is produced.
- Ujjayi breath also resembles highly relaxed breaths and creates heat within the body.
Sheetkari -the cooling breath
- Relax for 3 breaths, then
- Roll your tongue from the sides to make a pipe out of it.
- Gently roll it out.
- Take a deep breath in through this tongue-pipe, and breathe out in the same way.
- Feel the air passing from the tip of your tongue upto throat cooling the entire surface.
- Cooling breath balances the heat created by ujjayi breath.
- When you feed a dried tongue, close your mouth.
- Let your saliva moisten the tongue.
- When you feel ready, repeat the process.
BHrahmari Pranayama -Bumblebee Breath
Bhramari Pranayama or Bumblebee Breath is a calming breath practice. Bhramari is derived from the Sanskrit term for “bee.” This breath practice is named after a type of black Indian bee due to the bee-like buzzing sound produced during the exhale
Apart from stimulating your throat Chakra Bhrahmari Pranayama is the best cure for stress. It nurtures peace in your being, which in turn, results in self-healing.
The Bhramari Pranayama can lower your blood pressure, thus relieving hypertension. It releases cerebral tension, hence it is recommended as a nightly routine yoga for better sleep.
- Sit relaxed for the next Vishuddha healing Pranayam,Bhramari Pranayama.
- Use your two thumbs to block your ears and two fingers to close your eyes.
- Keeping your ears blocked, take a deep breath in through your nose and exhale through your nose.
- On your exhale, make a humming or buzzing sound.
- Continue for at least 6-cycles of breath, or as it feels good to you.
Sit relaxed and meditate. you can seal your practice with chanting of Bija Mantra for throat Chakra, which is Ham…
Wrapping up- Vishuddha Pranayama To Balance Vishuddha Chakra
The goal of pranayama is to strengthen the connection between your body and mind.
These Vishuddha Pranayama will also help you in better communication, bring authenticity to your speech and boost your confidence.
It is proven in research that pranayama can promote relaxation and mindfulness. Also, support multiple aspects of physical health, including lung functions, blood pressure, and brain function.
Don’t forget to watch the video on YouTube, which is on the same topic- Vishuddha Pranayama For Vishuddha Chakra
Please subscribe to my channel to support the free and fabulous yoga on YouTube!
Thanks, for being with me on your yoga mat Namaste 🙏❤️ Yogis
Most Popular Reads:
Kundalini Yoga Kriyas For Weight Loss
Kundalini Pranayam For Stress-Relief And Insomnia
10 Yoga Poses To Balance Your Solar Plexus Chakra
How to use yoga blocks for back pain and stress relief
What does your favourite colour predicts about you