Pran Mudra the mudra of life which is also an Immunity Booster hast mudra is recognised to work in curing more than hundred diseases.
Search ‘In’ Instead Of Searching ‘Out’
Since the outbreak of the pandemic, we all aspire even more to have a strong immunity.
You can very well find the immunity boosting foods…immunity boosting medicines…. immunity boosting yoga postures…even, the immunity boosting lifestyle!
But very few people are aware of the fact that everything we need to stay forever ‘up and running’ is found inside us…
THE THING IS KNOWN AS PRANA!
Good news is that the science of yoga has well equipped humanity to take advantage of it. The science of mudra is that lesser known technique which we still need to explore!
According to Hatha yoga to live a balanced life, five types of energies are considered as a varisht or superior kind. These are Prana, Udana, Samana, Vyana and Apana.
Each of these vital energy forces provide specific functions to the body.
Among these Prana holds the greatest significance. Hence by the simple practice of Prana Mudra, you can very easily activate and fire up the life force inside you.
Pranas: Associated Body Parts And Function
- Vayu Prana cover chest and head and governs intake, inspiration, propulsion, forward momentum
- Apana prana occupies pelvis and governs elimination, downward and outward movement
- Samana Prana cover navel and governs assimilation, discernment, inner absorption, consolidation
- Udana Prana cover throat area Governs growth, speech, expression, ascension and upward movement
- Vyana Prana occupy the entire body and governs circulation on all levels, expansiveness, pervasiveness.
“Prana means life” and Prana Vata governs the functioning of the brain, the lungs and the heart.
Flow of the Prana Vata from the cranium down to the rest of the body controls all mechanisms vital to your survival!
Benefits Of Doing Prana Mudra
This mudra is considered to be one of the important mudra because of its benefits. Very obvious from its name, this mudra enhances the vital energy within the body.
- Prana Mudra gives the best results in improving your immunity. It is one of the mudra which enhances the efficacy of other chikitsa mudra; i.e. it has to be performed for a minimum of 10 minutes after practicing chikitsa mudra.
“Mudra chikitsa is a lesser known but a very important branch of Yoga”.
- This mudra also improves vision, beneficial in dryness, watering, burning sensation, and redness of eyes. To sum up, Pran Mudra can be invariably practiced for all types of eye problems.
- Other than these benefits prana Mudra also makes the body and mind stable, and improves body strength.
- It removes blockages in the energy channels known as Chakras by enhancing the proper movement of vital forces within the body.
- It reduces muscular pain and fatigue.
- If you are fasting this is the best mudra to practice as it helps to sustain and maintain your energy level.
- It gives good results for insomnia when practiced after jnana mudra.
- If you are diabetic, you should practice Prana Mudra after the Apana Mudra.
- Prana mudra should be practiced in all kinds of joint pains after performing Vayu Mudra.
- This mudra also helps in reducing anxiety and builds self confidence.
- If you want to increase your productivity during work, Prana Mudra is very effective.
- Prana Mudra the mudra of life helps emerge the three main energy channels, the Ida, Pingala, and Sushumna nadis, activating the Muladhara (root) chakra.
How To Do Prana Mudra- The Mudra Of Life
Prana Mudra engages two fingers- the ring finger, the little finger, and thumb.
By doing this you bring,
Prithvi (earth), Jala (water), Agni (fire) in a balanced state as the tips of these fingers are joined. This helps combine the fire energy of the thumb and the power of little and ring fingers, invoking the vital energy.
Ring finger represents the earth element, little finger the water element and thumb the fire element or mahabhuta.
Meaning Of The Fingers Involved In Prana Mudra
The little finger shows the fluidity as it represents the water element. The ring finger offers stability because it represents the earth element. The thumb shows vigor and has the power to transform as it represents the fire element.
- Sit in any comfortable posture- Vajrasana, Sukhasana or Padmasana, with a relaxed mind.
- Join the tips of the thumb, ring finger and little finger keeping the remaining fingers straight, firm yet relaxed and away from one another.
- Maintain a mild pressure between the fingertips which are engaged in the mudra.
- This has to be practiced in both hands.
- Settle your hands over the knees and focus on breathing.
Prana Mudra- Mudra Of Life: The BEST Practices
- Any kind of therapy or medication may not work for you until you have faith in the method. Therefore, you must have faith and belief in mudra therapy.
- Understand that yoga therapy is a complimentary science and is well compatible with other therapies.
- Before practicing the mudra make sure to take a few deep breaths so that the breathing becomes rhythmic.
- To enhance its efficacy perform the mudra with a relaxed mind.
- Begin with 15 to 20 minutes a day. Gradually increase the time. Mudra can be safely practiced for 15-20 minutes sitting 2 to 3 times a day or 30 to 40 minutes in one go.
- Anyone can practice Prana mudra… irrespective of age, gender, pregnancy, or any illness.
Wrapping Up: Prana Mudra- Mudra Of Life
The essence of Prana mudra is that it provides Prana (life-force) to eyes, skin, and other sensory inputs that contain Prana Vayu.
Hence the Prana Mudra directly affects circulatory system, body temperature, nervous system, the flow of breath, and heart rate and evokes the feeling of groundedness.
So Yogis, you must practice Prana Mudra, the most vital mudra of life, to live a life which is full of vitality and plenty of happiness. Understand the benefits of yoga or not limited to the experienced practitioners only.
Prana mudra is a yoga mudra that is prominently effective in boosting your immunity and keeping you active and sharp and wellfit even in a modern lifestyle!
Thanks for being with me on your mat Namaste 🙏 Yogis 🧘.