Yoga Kriyas And Pranayama For Speech Therapy And Clear Voice is for children who are 3+ years old and adults of all age groups. You can also watch the video of the same and download Yoga For ADHD And Autism PDF.
On average a child begins to babble from around the age of six months and say her first word between ten and 15 months. She further starts to pick up different words and combine them in Simple sentences and phrases at around 18 months.
However, now it’s not uncommon to see worried parents because of their child’s speech and language delay.
Only a child psychiatrist along with a pediatrician can diagnose the underlying problem.
Reasons Why A speech Delay In Children May Occur
- an oral impairment, like problems with the tongue or palate, which is the roof of the mouth. Or,
- a short frenulum (the fold beneath the tongue), which can limit tongue movement
- Or, a neurological problem such as ADHD and autism.
Whatever the reason could be, these Yogic breathing techniques and yoga kriyas would help you immensely in improving the speech quality of your child;
Aaand, if you’re here for yourself, I assure you that you are at the right place!
How Yoga Healing Works In Speech Therapy
Now the world is well aware of the fact that yoga is a form of Mind-body fitness that comprises muscular activities, mindfulness, the breath, and energy; all in unison.
The Human Body Is Comprised Of Various interrelated Dimensions
Yoga talks in detail about the uniqueness of Being human. The human body is a holistic entity comprising inter-related dimensions which are inseparable from each other. So illnesses and health in One dimension affect the other dimensions too!
We Are Unique Individuals
… And we are here with our unique needs and desires. So keeping in mind the individuality of each, each one should be approached uniquely.
Yoga Is Self Empowering
You could be your own healer in the truest sense!
Yoga plays a crucial role in improving your health journey by involving you entirely. So instead of getting healed by some outside forces, you reach your autonomy with the highest sense.
State Of Your Mind Decides The Healing
With a positive state of mind, you quickly reach your health goal. The journey helps to broaden your wisdom and may inspire many others. Whereas the same process is prolonged much with the negative mindset.
Yoga Kriyas And Pranayama For Speech Therapy And Clear Voice
Now unroll your yoga mat, and let’s start with alternate nostril breathing a. k. a. Anulom-Vilom Pranayama.
Anulom Vilom Pranayama
- Sit in a comfortable position with legs crossed.
- Place your left hand on your left knee.
- Lift right hand up toward nose.
- Exhale completely and then use the right thumb to close the right nostril.
- Inhale through the left nostril and then close the left nostril with your fingers.
- Open the right nostril and exhale through this side.
- Now inhale through the right nostril and exhale from the left one.
- Do it for a minimum of 10 rounds.
When you breathe through your right nostril, the left hemisphere of your brain is activated. When you breathe through your left nostril the right hemisphere of your brain is activated. With the regular practice of anulom vilom Pranayama, balanced mental status can be achieved!
- Sit in a quiet and well-ventilated place with your eyes closed.
- Place your thumbs on your ears right at the cartilage.
- Use your index fingers to close your eyes.
- Middle and ring fingers beside your nose and little fingers below the lips.
- This is also known as the Sanmukhi Mudra.
- Breathe in and breathe out with humming sound of a bumblebee (Bhramari).
- Repeat for around 6-7 times.
This is the best cure for stress.
The Bhramari Pranayama also lowers blood pressure, releases cerebral tension, and soothes the nerves.
Hence it is recommended as yoga for better sleep.
Knuckle tapping is the most simple Kriya done with the help of the knuckles of your fingers. This Kriya increases the blood circulation and activates the meridians which lead to enhanced neural activities of the brain.
- Sit in a comfortable position.
- Bend your fingers to form a fist.
- Inhale deeply and start tapping from the front part of your head to carry on to the back of the head.
- Exhale slowly and continue tapping until you feel completely relaxed and rejuvenated.
Stimulating the meridian points through tapping can reduce the stress or negative emotions you accumulate in your day-to-day life, ultimately restoring balance to your disrupted energy.
- Now inhale from your nose.
- Exhale from the mouth by pushing your tongue out.
- Roar like a lion 🦁 by contracting the back your throat
- Keep your guest fixed at a third eye chakra.
- Repeat for a few rounds.
- With an Inhale fill your mouth with plenty of air.
- Hold for 5 seconds then round your lips and very slowly release the air from your mouth.
Whistling is a simple recreational activity that can help to keep your facial wrinkles on bay and massage your vocal cord to give you leverage on a better speech.
- Inhale deeply from your nose.
- Round your lips and exhale slowly from your mouth with an audible whistling sound like this.
Oromotor Exercises For Better Speech
The three kriyas are called the Oromotor (Oral Motor) exercises done using lips and tongue in combination, broadly taught in most of the speech therapy sessions. These are the best exercises to activate your oral muscles, thyroid gland and relax your nervous system by reducing stress and anxiety.
Bike Races Or Fluttering Lips
- Sit in a comfortable position.
- Inhale deeply while pouting, press your lips against each other.
- Exhale forcing your lips to flutter and make a sound like racing of bikes.
- Repeat for five more sets.
This breathwork in combination with Throat sound works miraculously on improving the quality of speech as well as the mental status of the practitioner. This is a part of Kundalini Pranayama for Vishuddha Chakra.
- Sit comfortably in a cross-legged position.
- Inhale tilt your head slightly backward so that both eyes focus on your third eye.
- Next, open your mouth and make a sound A…a….a…for complete exhalation.
- Repeat 7 times.
- This Kriya is also a part of the Isha Kriya taught by the Mystic Sadhguru.
This fun Kriya is equally loved by children as well as adults. The steps are the same as Isha Kriya describes. The only difference is that instead of the sound of A…a…a…, La…la…la… sound is produced by striking the tongue repeatedly against the front upper teeth.
Most Popular Reads You May Love Too!
Wrapping Up- Yoga Kriyas And Pranayama For Speech Therapy
With the help of these fun and very light yoga kriyas and Pranayama for speech therapy, you can improve your voice, speech, and mental status drastically. These Kriyas would calm your mind and alleviate stress and anxiety which you may have developed because of the Lack of confidence.
Don’t forget to download the Yoga For ADHD And Autism PDF By Clicking Here.
Thanks for reading this line. If you want to learn the most correct way of doing any yoga posture👇
💮Download My Yoga Postures Library 💮
If you are new to my channel please 🌺subscribe 🌺and press the bell icon 🔔to get notified for the new releases on Chakra system and more.
THANKS FOR BEING WITH ME ON YOUR MAT, NAMASTE 🙏❤️ YOGIS 🧘