These Kundalini Yoga Kriyas to open sacral chakra, will not only increase the flow of creative juices in your body, but it will also increase the blood circulation in the entire lower body and would be great on hips-joints, and lower back.
For a complete Sacral Chakra balancing guide that includes hatha yoga postures, crystals and food to balance your Sacral Chakra, and more…please check this post of mine:
Feelings Of Pleasure Or Being Jealous
🏵️How much pleasure do you take from your sensory inputs🏵️
🌺Ever felt awestruck with the beauty of a flower🌺
🍃🍃 Maybe a breeze that swept you towards your sweet childhood memories👼… elated your day.
Our second chakra, Svadhisthana (Sva = self; Shthana = place; the residence of the self ) holds the key to unlock and harness the energy we need to be innovative, productive, and creative.
The same also represents the base emotions of sexuality and creativity.
The sacral chakra is the driving force behind the creativity, sensuality, pleasure, and enjoyment you get from using your five senses.
That means, If you feel good from seeing, hearing, tasting, or touching something, your sacral chakra is whirling in balance.
Whereas, if you are unable to process the simulations from your sense organs and lack that pleasure feeling, your second Chakra needs your attention.
Also, if the feeling of pleasure is so intense that it makes you turn possessive and you tend to grab those objects, there might be too much energy flowing in your Svadhisthana area.
In either of the cases, a balance in energies is required. And here comes the role of yoga kriyas to open sacral Chakra!
Place Of Your Svadhisthana
The Svadhisthana Chakra is situated at the lower end of the Sacrum and occupies the entire womb area
The sacral region (sacrum) is at the bottom of the spine and lies between the fifth segment of the lumbar spine (L5) and the coccyx (tailbone).
Symbolically, Svadhishthana Chakra is represented as a lotus with six petals, within which there is a crescent moon. The color of Svadhisthana is orange.
These represent our negative qualities which are to be overcome –
Anger, hatred, jealousy, cruelty, desire, and pride.
Other base qualities that hinder our development are-
Lethargy, fear, doubt, revenge, envy, and greed.
The Bija Mantra for Svadhisthana is VAM
Kundalini Yoga Kriyas Vs Hatha Yoga
Hatha is mostly focused on the physical practice of yoga.
The physical poses of Kundalini Yoga are taken from Hatha.
The biggest difference is that Kundalini yogis incorporate mantras and breathing exercises with the physical poses more often than any other form of yoga.
Kriyas are basically the repetition of some of the postures which you can observe in the video of Kundalini yoga to open Sacral Chakra.
Also, Kundalini yoga has more emphasis on meditation and mantras than Hatha yoga.
Svadhisthana- Where The Seed Of Human Consciousness Germinates
The Svadhishthana Chakra marks the second level of our development. The evolution of consciousness towards pure, human consciousness begins in the Svadhishthana Chakra.
It is the seat of the subconscious mind where all life experiences and impressions since the beginning of our existence in the womb are stored.
While the Muladhara is the storehouse of our Karmas, these are activated in Svadhishthana.
Potential issues with the Sacral Chakra
Lower back pain, lower gastrointestinal problems, decreased libido, isolative behavior, lack of creativity and passion, and addictive behaviors that numb and dissociate.
Kundalini Yoga Kriyas To Open Sacral Chakra
Now grab some water and unroll your yoga mat. Let’s start with the holy chanting of Om…
Om Chanting (Three times)
- Sit in a comfortable cross-legged position.
- Join both hands together in front of your Heart center.
- Start with three holy chanting of Om.
Cat And Cow Posture
- Come on all four, tabletop position
- Palms below the shoulders and knees below the hips.
- Inhale open from your front and hips.
- Exhale, round your back, head down and coccyx down.
This posture is the best warm-up to start your yoga practice. It also stimulates all the chakras because of the full spinal movements.
Since our Sacral Chakra is situated in the womb area, try to initiate your motion from this area. Keeping your focus on the orange color Svadhisthana Chakra.
At the end of the cow pose, inhale, hold your breath, apply root lock by contracting your pelvic floor muscles, sexual organs, thus sending the energy upwards.
Exhale round your back and apply the root lock once again in the CAT pose.
Knees to forehead in cat-cow
- Now open your right leg straight.
- Bend your knees, round your back, knee to nose.
- Arch your back, open your legs, bend your knees and try touching your right knee with your nose.
- After a few rounds, Repeat on the other side.
Since the element of Swadhisthana is water. So in today’s flow, we shall invite a rhythmic fluidity in most of the yoga postures.
At the end inhale, hold your breath and apply root lock once again.
Child’s Pose ( with wide knees)
- Come to the child’s pose.
- This pose is a bit unusual because of the wide knees.
- The big toes touch together and the upper body is entirely on the mat.
- You can add Breath of Fire at this moment or continue with deep breathing.
- Once you finish, inhale, hold your breath and apply Moola Bandha. If you are new to Yoga Bandhas and want to know what they are and their benefits, please check the link in the description below.
Hips-opening Asanas teach you to loosen your grip on life and let things ebb and flow. And finding a sense of fluidity in your day-to-day life transforms all of your relationships, including your relationship with yourself.”
- Come on your tippy-toes and try to make a smooth transition to the butterfly pose.
- And if it’s not that smooth, try once again and come to butterfly pose.
- Join both the soles together, knees are bent out.
- Hold your toes with your fingers, and flutter your legs like a butterfly.
- Continue this way for 1 to 2 minutes.
The butterfly pose offers a great stretch in the inner thighs and groin. It improves blood circulation in the lower body that is stalled due to being long on your office chair.
It relaxes the tensed tissues and improves the flexibility of this region. The health of your hips can indicate how balanced your second chakra is.
Apply root lock at the end of this Kriya.
Butterfly Pose with Breath of Fire
- With an Inhale, raise both the hands above your head and join them together.
- you can still be in butterfly pose or you can sit in sukhasana, whatever feels easy to you.
- Now start Breath of Fire with passive inhale and active forceful exhale.
- Breath of Fire or kapalbhati is a cleansing kriya, with passive inhale and active force full exhalation process.
- Your stomach deflates when you breathe out and it inflates back when you breathe in passively.
- Go for 25 rounds, and perform two sets of 25 each.
With each breath imagine a ball of orange color shining in your womb area where your Sacral Chakra lives.
In the end, inhale, hold your breath, apply Moola Bandha and send the energy up.
Forward folds on tippy toes
- Come on tippy toes and bend forward, place both hands on the ground.
- With an inhale, throw your hips up and come to the forward fold.
- Exhale to squatting posture.
- Inhale from your nose and exhale from your mouth with sound ha….
- Make your transition smooth and homogeneous.
- In case you find this to be stressful for your knees and legs you can stay in Malasana or Yogi squats.
Come to the broader edge of your mat, and open in a wide-legged forward fold.
Both the legs are hips-width apart and hands are on the mat.
- Move your hips towards the left side of the mat and bend your left knee to sit on your left heels.
- Your right leg is straight.
- Next, your right leg is bent and the left leg is straight. …
- Your hands come to the floor for balance and support.
- With each breath, you are moving and settling down on your alternate heels.
- If you find it intense you can settle in Goddess Pose.
- Using your hands to anchor your body.
- Opening your pelvic floor muscles and hips.
- Flowing like the water exploring your creativity, productivity, and sensuality.
Come to the wide-legged forward Fold from where you started, then the front of your mat, and rest on a downward facing dog pose.
Bicycle your legs and come to the seated cross-legged comfortable position.
All Chakra tuning
- join your hands in namaste Mudra and chant the Bija Mantra for sacral Chakra…
- Rub both the palms together to create some heat.
- Hover your left and above your head and with the right hand scan your all major seven chakras, one by one.
Starting from Ajna, Vishuddha, Anahata, Manipura, Swadisthana, and finally Mooladhara.
Wrapping Up- Kundalini Yoga Kriyas To Open Sacral Chakra
You can also improve your Sacral Chakra energy by indulging in sensual pleasures which are not necessary to be sexual.
Sensory pleasures may include seeing, touching, hearing, and tasting.
Very simple modifications in your daily activities such as a hot bath, aromatherapy, massage therapy, and luxurious food can effortlessly arouse your Svadisthana.
Physical activities like the above-mentioned yoga postures and the most pleasurable human activity – dancing can seamlessly brighten your second Chakra.
Don’t forget to watch the video on YouTube, which is on the same topic- Kundalini yoga Kriya to open Sacral Chakra.
Please subscribe to my channel to support the free and fabulous yoga on YouTube!
Thanks, for being with me on your yoga mat Namaste Yogis
Most Popular Reads
Kundalini Yoga Kriyas For Weight Loss
Kundalini Pranayam For Stress-Relief And Insomnia
10 Yoga Poses To Balance Your Solar Plexus Chakra
How to use yoga blocks for back pain and stress relief
What does your favourite colour predicts about you