With the help of yoga healing for menopause, you can effectively get away from the most uncomfortable symptoms of pre and post menopause- hot flashes, night sweats, indigestion, depression, stress and anxiety, lower back pain and feelings of dizziness.
Want to Hire Me...
For Women, Menopause Is Not An Illness, But A Metamorphosis Leading To Mental Trauma
Air's blowing...Yet Excitement fading.
Flowers Are blossoming...Yet Colours diminishing.
Birds are chirping...Why Melody is missing.
Rain went in vain...Washing the golden dreams.
Why the world is changing out of one missing thing!!!
If the above lines explain some of your agonies after you are through a damping menstrual cycle, You Are not alone!
Trust me, it won't last forever... You are incharge of your life, your body, and mind. Just understand that due to some hormonal imbalances, you are finding it difficult to overcome from the symptoms of reduced self-esteem and self-image.
You were busy with your partner, children, and career while growing cheerfully and gracefully when something happens.
Boxing the lunch boxes, colouring those silver linings, and applying herbal masks in the day, you had no clue that the night will be wet and messy. With a sudden burst of sweat and heated body, you wake up with a beating heart which of course is not out of a romantic feeling.
Menopause age is also a time when your entire life is full of transitions not just the physical one.
On one side you might be caring for your ageing parents or in-laws , on the other side your children are reaching their teenage or adulthood.
As if your old parents and growing children were not enough to dramatically turmoil your life... Your boss or a colleague getting suddenly activated in the direction of adding to your woes.
Furthermore, utter bright chances are that equations with the partner are also not finding an equilibrium!
He is too busy and beyond...and your suspicion is on a mountain hill:-)
Moreover- The sinusoidals of your own menstrual cycle and the female pleasure Hormones- oestrogenare playing hide and seek with you...
As we approach our mid-40s, we experience unprecedented changes in our bodies.
Only a few Hormonal imbalances may wreck our life. With a changing menstrual cycle, our life's roller-coaster ride namely menopause starts!
Understand The Menopause Anatomy
Just understand that Menopause is not a disease or disorder.
The simplest menopause definition is that If you are not menstruating since last 12 months or so you, are a certified MENOPAUSAL!
Perimenopause Is The Toughest Period
- The roller coaster ride of perimenopause may start by the time you reach your 45 or even before that and may continue upto 5 to 6 years and more.
- This duration can depend on lifestyle factors such as diet, age, race and ethnicity.
- During perimenopause, the body's production of estrogen and progesterone, two hormones made by the ovaries, fluctuate drastically!
- Unpredictable periods may worsen the PMS.
- PROGESTERONE secretion decreases, causing stress and anxiety, Insomnia, brain fog, memory loss and more.
- This is the time when ovaries also produce less estrogen, causing adrenal glands to overwork in compensating the same.
- The adrenal gland may not function well because of a lot of mental and physical stress. This may further worsen the menopausal symptoms contributing to hot flashes, lower sex drive, lower back pain, fatigue, even more.
How Menopause May Affect Your Life
- The phase of menopausal transition may be a unique experience for each of us.
- Rate of metabolism slows down resulting in a cut down of the rate of energy consumption.
- Fat cells are enlarged and weight gain becomes prevalent. Your bone and cardiovascular health may be compromised.
- An evolving waistline may demand for an entirely new wardrobe…
But jokes apart... You need not to worry because you are hereby to learn yoga healing for menopause and make your life far better than you think…
When You Reach Post Menopause
Life may yet not be easy Divas!
After crossing the hurdles of your perimenopause and attending menopause, the lifelong marathon called post menopause is waiting with widely opened jaws and clinched paws.
Your Diet: The Most important factor post menopause
If you don't want to be vulnerable to heart diseases and osteoporosis, you should continue with the healthy eating habits along with the regular practice of yoga for menopause.
Light meals with raw vegetables, salads, and plenty of fluids are helpful in providing the sufficient nutrients and prevent you from constipation and haemorrhoids.
Make sure to consume natural forms of calcium for optimal bone health . Raise your calcium intake...1,000 to 1,500 mg a day
Eat foods high in plant estrogens -- such as soybeans and soy milk. Some research suggests soy may ease symptoms such as hot flashes. Other research shows it may raise the risk of cancer in women who have a uterus. Nuts and seeds, fennel, celery, parsley, and flaxseed oil may also help.
Common Medical Conditions After Menopause
Mood swingss, bloating, aches and pains, headaches, hot flushes, night sweats, tiredness, insomnia, weight gain, depression, irritability, forgetfulness, lack of focus and concentration, frequent urination, vaginal dryness, and sexual problems.
All above are the symptoms of menopause, which may vary from person to person.
Let's discuss some of the common menopause medical conditions which you must be aware of.
With the decrease in oestrogen level, the risk of cardiovascular diseases increases.
Physical activities and regular exercise must be an important part of life along with healthy eating habits.
Keep a check on cholesterol and blood pressure.
Osteoporosis causes bones to become brittle and weak, leading to an increased risk of fractures.
After the menopause first few years are crucial for your bone health.
Read: 9 Yoga Poses For Osteoporosis| Back pain Yoga Cure Series
As the tissues of your vagina and urethra lose elasticity, you may experience frequent, sudden, strong urges to urinate, followed by an involuntary loss of urine (urge incontinence), or the loss of urine with coughing, laughing or lifting (stress incontinence). You may have urinary tract infections more often.
Be regular with kegel exercises for strengthening your pelvic floor muscles. Your doctor may also advise for topical vaginal estrogen to help relieve symptoms of incontinence.
Vaginal dryness from decreased lubrication and loss of elasticity can cause discomfort and slight bleeding during sexual activities.
Reduced sensations may also affect your libido.
There might be a substantial weight gain and stubborn belly fat after and during menopause because of the slow metabolism. Stay active and regular with the mindfulness practises of yoga and meditation to maintain your weight and stay happy.
Read: 6 Reasons Why Women Should Meditate Everyday.
Menopause Medications And Treatments
To minimise the discomfort during this phase, multiple research is going on.
Since estrogen deficiency is the main cause of perimenopausal symptoms, estrogen replacement therapy, aka, HRT is the most effective treatment.
However, this treatment comes with an increased risk of breast and uterus cancer, heart disease, and stroke. Research strictly warns against an increased risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD) and breast malignancy amongst women with hormone therapy.
With the increasing awareness of the serious side effects, HRT as menopausal treatment has become less popular.
Due to these limitations of HRT and its hazardous side effects, the women are more keen to explore new opportunities for the management of menopausal symptoms such as Yoga, Ayurveda, and non-hormonal drug therapy.
According to Web MD, as an alternative treatment for menopause symptoms of the vagina, your doctor may prescribe a vaginal cream to help stop the thinning of vaginal tissues and improve lubrication.There are estrogen-based creams and a non-estrogen cream called Intrarosa (prasterone) that reduces the severity of pain with intercourse as a result of thinning vaginal tissues.
How Can Yoga Help You During The Menopause Phase
With little changes in lifestyle, regular exercise, balanced diet, the practice of yoga and mindfulness, Reiki healing, body massages, and other stress-reducing methods, menopausal women are now able to enhance their quality of life!
We know that yoga has a combined approach to breathing and physical exercises, Hast Mudras, and meditation as an unique opportunity to experience life with mindfulness.
This integrated approach helps to improve cognitive functions such as memory, mental balance, attention span, mood swings and physical discomforts of hot flashes, night sweats, aches and so on.
There is increasing evidence suggesting that even the short-term practice of Yoga can decrease both psychological and physiological risk factors for cardiovascular disease (CVD). Studies conclude that our age old therapy, Yoga, is fairly effective in managing menopausal symptoms
Most Popular Reads
Kundalini Yoga Kriyas For Weight Loss
Kundalini Pranayam For Stress-Relief And Insomnia
10 Yoga Poses To Balance Your Solar Plexus Chakra
How to use yoga blocks for back pain and stress relief
What does your favourite colour predicts about you
Best Yoga Healing For Menopause
Now Unroll your yoga mat to start a very slow-paced Yoga Healing for Menopause and cooling Pranayama to soothe the body overheating and shed all the stress and restore your life 🌺 beautifully from the most uncomfortable symptoms of peri and post-menopause!
Seated Spinal Work
- Do some spinal work while Sitting with folded legs and knees joined together.
- Think about liberating your mind and body from the daily chores and hectic life.
- Sync your breath with a few organic movements to see instant relief from anxiety and depression.
As your body goes through menopausal changes, it may also experience changes associated with age, such as muscle loss and degenerating joints. These areas can be taken care of, with certain yoga poses.
- Come on your knees and settle down in a wide-legged child's pose.
- Relax your forehead on your mat, stretch your both arms out and spinal cord relax.
- Put a soft blanket beneath your knees if you feel pain.
This posture is sometimes so relaxing that you immediately fall in love with its simplicity. After all, relaxation is everything you need when life appears to take it all!
Cat and Cow Pose
- Come on all four for cat and cow posture or Marjariasana.
- This posture also massages your spinal cord beautifully and energizes all the energy centers of the body.
- This is the most fundamental yogic move to keep your neck and back healthy!
- Just remember to inhale when you send your head and tail bone in an upward direction and exhale when you round your back.
- This is the simplest yoga posture for menopause weight gain.
Take some time to think about your experiences in menopause situations—do you have an upset stomach very often or symptoms of constipation and maybe hemorrhoids... Are you emotionally shattered and your brain turns foggy ?? Or, maybe, you have trouble falling asleep and suffering from a kind of insomnia…now shed all the worries and flow with your breath... you are going to feel better very soon!
- Come on your belly.
- With an Inhale, stretch back your Head and shoulder while keeping your abdomen, hips, and legs pressed against the mat.
- Bhujangasan helps to counter menopause belly fat.
Downward Facing Dog
- Tuck your toes under and swing your hips up in a downward-facing dog pose- The Adho Mukha Svanasana.
- Press your soles and palms against the mat to keep your spine Straight.
- Allow your legs for some organic movements to relieve hips joints as well as your toes and ankles.
- Add fire hydrants to further relieve back pain and other related conditions like Sciatica and slip disc.
Forward Fold Elbows Couple
- Gradually, lifting your legs come to the forward fold.
- Couple your elbows and relax your head and neck.
- Imagine the gravity of your upper body giving a nice healing stretch.
- Settle on your yoga mat with folded knees on opposite sides of each other.
- Keep your soles together in butterfly pose or baddha konasana.
- Erect your spine straight and ears away from the shoulders.
- Flicker your knees like a butterfly and release all the stress from the lower hips region.
- We store most of our negative energies like anger, resentment, regrets, and more... in the lower hips area. Working in this area can be a great way to live a stress-free life.
- Effective yoga posture for menopause joint pain.
This posture decreases tension in your muscles and body and increases the energy levels
Stretches the inner thighs, pelvis, and knees and relieves the symptoms of stress, mild depression, and menopause.
Matsyasana in Lotus Pose
(With Variations Of Holding The Toes)
- Bring your palms behind the hips.
- Use both of your elbows as support to transition into matsyasana or fish pose.
- Keep your chest slightly lifted away from the ground and head towards the mat.
- You have the option to keep your legs in a lotus pose and hold your big toes from the hand for an advanced matsyasana variation.
- Make sure your neck is not strained.
- Stretches the abdomen, thighs, deep hip flexors (psoas), knees, and ankles
- Strengthens the arches
- Relieves tired legs
- Best yoga pose for menopause belly fat
Happy Baby Yoga Posture
- Gently release your head and come on your back.
- Lift both the legs with soles facing the sky.
- Hold with your hands the outer edges of your ankles and pull the knees towards the mat.
- Giggle like a Happy child and massage your back.
- This increases the blood circulation around your reproductive organs so works as a great yoga healing for menopause.
Spinal Rocks On The Back
- Release your legs. Bring your feet on the mat.
- Do some feminine spinal rocks to release your sacrum and pelvic floor muscles.
- It also rejuvenates the vaginal muscles so works great as a yoga healing for menopause.
- Knees together and soles of both the feet on the mat.
- Inhale and lift your leg from the mat and place it on the opposite knee.
- You can feel stretch in your hips flexion and lower back.
- Stretch your leg up and pull towards the face to deepen your stretch hence work as an excellent Yoga healing for menopause.
Lying Spinal Twists
- Now come on your side for a lying spinal twist.
- One leg is completely stretched and the other is folded in the right way.
- Turn your face on the opposite side and place your arms in a crow pose.
- Now you are in a twisted posture just like a cloth is being twisted. here it is your waist!
This Posture will take care of the entire area, between your waist and hips, by shedding the fat around the waist and improving the digestive system.
- Sit in a comfortable position.
- Join the tips of the index finger and fold the little fingers, ring fingers, and middle fingers inwards, so that the backs of the fingers from both hands touch each other.
- Two index fingers and the two thumbs form a closed Triangle.
- Now place the entire package in front of your navel.
Yoni mudra is a representation of a female reproductive organ or a womb. In Yoga, the Yoni mudra is dedicated to Shakti, the feminine deity. Yoni mudra evokes the womb's 'female creative power' of childbirth. Hence, the Yoni mudra, like the goddess Shakti, gives strength and power.
This mudra helps to strengthen the prana in the womb and was also used to align the menstrual cycle with the new moon in ancient times.
Cooling and Calming Pranayama
Major physical and mental changes at the time of menopause, cause a lot of stress and anxiety. To cope up with them, the pranayamas, which are yogic breathing techniques, can help in managing the system effectively and making your life better.
Bhramari- the Indian bumblebee creates a humming sound while hovering above the flowers.
- In a comfortable cross-legged position place your fingers at different places of the face, the way you can see.
- The index fingers near eyebrows, middle and ring finger covering both eyes, little finger just below the nose and thumbs are covering your ears.
- Inhale gently from your nose and at the time of exhale, produce a humming sound from the back of your throat.
- As you can observe, this sound creates vibrations around your head, shooting the mind and entire body.
- Roll your tongue out to create a pipe-like stance.
- Very gently inhale through this pipe so that the air gets filtered and cooled before entering your respiratory system.
- Exhale even more gently through this channel only.
Menopausing bodies release plenty of heat that is the reason behind frequent and profound sweating. Shitli Pranayam can give an instant cooling effect to the body and mind and relieve stress.
Wrapping Up- Yoga Healing For Menopause
Yoga is an ancient, free of cost, and noninvasive therapy of effective treatment of so many illnesses and symptoms, menopause is just one of them…
It has the potential to provide you with physical, mental, and emotional well-being at the time of peri and post-menopause. Also, helps in effective weight management, getting rid of hot flashes, excessive sweating, joint pain, and stress and anxiety.
Don't forget to celebrate your win as you did a wonderful job for your mind, body, and soul by doing yoga therapy for menopause.
Don’t forget to watch the video on YouTube, which is on the same topic- Yoga Healing For Menopause
Please subscribe to my channel to support the free and fabulous yoga on YouTube!
I would appreciate you to be a part of my “newly formed wonderful community” and follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and TWITTER.
Thanks for being with me on your mat. Namaste 🙏❤️ Yogis 🧘!